Tuesday 12 June 2012

Seasonal Cooking.

Having your own vegetable patch in your garden is quite remarkably satisfying and rewarding. (Even if you do get over loaded with veg!) For a simple, tasty supper, I made this enjoyable pasta dish. I cooked some herby, pork sausages in the oven until perfectly golden and sizzling. Meanwhile I boiled this delightful pasta, called 'Conchiglioni', it is curled and rounded, so that it can scoop up all of the lovely pasta sauce! YUM, well done. Once my pasta was almost cooked I plonked in my purple sprouting broccoli from our very own garden. (Don't be scared if the water seems like it's turning purple, it'll change!) I don't like to cook this for too long, it's nice with just a little bite and crunch to it. (Equally you could steam it.) I then in a separate pan made a delicious creamy tomato sauce, using passata, soft cream cheese, and Parmesan. I then sliced up my sausages, and combined all the ingredients together once cooked. Lastly I gave the whole thing a few scattered shavings of Parmesan and a crack of black pepper. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment