Tuesday 12 June 2012

D.I.Y. Bread.

At my home we had run out of one of those necessity type things, bread. I didn't like the idea of going to the shops and buying some, especially when I knew we had all the ingredients to make our own. So I did. This is just like any other bread dough recipe. (In fact, I split this batch into thirds, and made three different breads.) Mix together strong bread flour, with a sachet of yeast, some salt and a sprinkle of sugar. Make a well, and gradually pour in some tepid water. Fold the edges of your flour mix into the water, and work it. Keep adding more water, until it forms into a a good shape. (A ball.) Then place it onto a floured work surface and knead it. Leave it to rise in a dry place, for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Knock the air out of it and knead again for not as long. Then make it in to any shape you wish and add any flavourings. I put mine in an oiled bread tin. Leave it to rise again for about 20 minutes. Then bake in the oven at 230, for about 15-30 minutes depending on your shape. Break it open, butter it, hold it, smell it, love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment