Tuesday 12 June 2012

Chocolate and Raspberry Cupcakes.

At some point in June, it rained. Rather a lot. = No outdoor fun. Perhaps we should bake cakes...! (Yes.) (I'm not in anyway encouraging it to rain, in fact I prefer sunshine.) These were like any other cupcake recipe, this one used self-raising flour, so no need for baking powder or soda. I added a tiny splash of raspberry jus from some jam to the mix and then baked the little darlings in the oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile I made a butter cream icing, adding some red food colouring and some raspberry jam! If the mixture is too thick add a splash of milk or if not thick enough either more icing sugar (but be careful, taste before) or more butter. Decorate them how you wish- I did mine all differently using chocolate sprinkles and raspberries! Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment