Tuesday 6 March 2012

Sunday Roast!

There were just too many nice looking photos of this dish. However, I rather enjoy this one a lot. Where do I begin. This was my oven roasted lamb steak (in the far left!) marinaded in honey, with roasted courgettes, roast potatoes (these were amazing!), honey-roasted parsnips and even roasted carrots! I have adopted this style of Sunday 'Roast' cooking from my Dad. It is so much easier, more relaxing and actually tastier than all the nonsense of frying, boiling and steaming! Granted I parboiled the potatoes and carrots first, that is still only one extra pan though. :) I roasted the potatoes, parsnips and carrots together in a nice amount of olive oil, in order to get those really crispy yet fluffy vegetables. I roasted the courgettes part way through the cooking, placing them underneath the lamb. My only disappointment with the dish was that I didn't have any rosemary or mint sauce to go with the lamb. Oh well, another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment