Tuesday 13 March 2012

Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs.

Now, in the title of this post it says homemade spaghetti and meatballs, but obviously I should confess, I didn't make the pasta in this dish. :) However, I did make the tomato sauce and the meatballs. I made the meatballs beforehand, as I knew that it's best to leave them to firm up and absorb all the flavourings added. For the meatballs I used: minced beef, salt, pepper, tsp of honey, thyme, a little olive oil, and mixed it together, making 10 meatballs in total. I placed the meatballs in the fridge for later. After some time, I fried off some onions and garlic, placed them in a baking dish. I then fried off the meatballs in the same pan, and once golden added them to the onion and garlic mixture. I placed these in to a pre-heated oven, whilst I made the tomato sauce. The tomato sauce was made up of fried onions and garlic, tomato puree, a little water, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and fresh basil. Once the sauce was finished I poured it over the meatballs and let it bubble away in the oven. I then put on my pasta. Once the pasta was almost done I added some grated cheese on the top of the meatballs and sauce, then mixed some of the sauce with the pasta and added it all together with some more fresh basil. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment