Tuesday 6 March 2012

Homemade Garlic Chicken Kiev.

Recently my housemates have both been buying chicken Kiev's. I have not, or rather had not, had one in ages! I had however already bought a lot of things for my fridge and freezer so therefore had no room for chicken Kiev's... I realised though that I did have some chicken breasts in the freezer, garlic in the cupboard, along with a nice pot of herb crumb (from M&S fancy) and regular breadcrumbs. I decided if I really wanted one, I could make one myself. Which obviously, I did. :) I mixed some chopped garlic with some butter. Flattened out my chicken breast (which I defrosted earlier), cut a pocket into the side of the chicken and spooned in the garlic butter. I then coated it in flour, beaten egg and the combo crumb mixture. I repeated the coat of egg and crumbs a second time for extra crumbly-ness. I then baked it in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes. It was really tasty. I had mine with mash and steamed vegetables. It would go nicely with lots of other things to though! Try it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment