Tuesday 28 February 2012

Cheese and Marmite Straws.

These are my slightly homemade cheese and marmite straws. To make this I used some ready made puff pastry that I had left over. I rolled it all out thinly until I had as much as I needed or wanted, ideally you want it at a thickness of about 1cm, so that it's not thin and hard to pick up. I then coated the whole lot in marmite and sprinkled some good Cheddar cheese over the top. Then cut along the pastry in strips of a thickness just a bit larger than your index finger. Then pick up either end of the pastry strip and TWIST! This is the slightly messy yet fun part. Then once you've made all your twists give them all an egg wash, place them on a baking sheet and cook them in a pre-heated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment