Wednesday 15 February 2012

Braised Lamb Shank!

This was another Lorraine Pascale recipe attempt. I altered it slightly because I didn't have red wine or balsamic vinegar! But it was still awesome! You basically brown of the meat first, whilst simmering a mixture of beef stock, vinegar (I had to use malt... so only a little) and garlic (I also added a spoon of raspberry jam, for sweetness!). Then you plonk the lamb in the stock etc. Chuck in a some chopped carrots and onion. Then put it in the oven for an hour with the lid on! (If your doing more than one, you'll probably need to do it for longer.) After the hour, place in some sliced chorizo and more garlic! I cooked it away for another 40 minutes. 40 minutes later I put on some potatoes to boil to serve with it! I also removed the lid to let the sauce thicken for the last twenty minutes. Then finally- strain off the meat and veg, keep it warm, and bring the remaining sauce to the boil on the hob. This makes a lovely rich gravy! And then- plate up, serve with the mash! Delicious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment