Wednesday 2 January 2013

Splendid Speedy Snack.

During 2012 I discovered a new thing! And now, I feel ready to share it with you all. This was a thing I had not seen before, at least not in supermarkets: Square mountain bread from the wonderful bakers at Warburtons. I had a friend round not long ago and we were both rather peckish, I happened to have the mountain bread in the cupboard along with a jar of salsa, tomatoes and Cheddar cheese in the fridge, a packet of rocket and some red onions. I placed the bread on a baking tray, covered with the salsa, then dressed with chopped red onions, grated cheese and layed on tomatoes. I put all of these lovely bits under the grill for 10 minutes, until the cheese was nice and melted. Right at the last minute I placed some rocket on the top and a twist of black pepper! It really is the quickest thing, and tastes as good as pizza! Worth a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment