Thursday 1 November 2012

Oregano and Olive Oil!

After returning from a holiday in Greece, I took inspiration from the summery foods I had tried on my visit. One important thing I learnt, is that, no matter what you're making or eating, you can probably always find a herb to go with it! And for Greek food, it is pretty much always- OREGANO. Aside from herbs, the Greeks know how to make amazing olive oil. I attempted to recreate a taste of the cuisine. Number one rule: Keep it simple. I griddled a pork chop, some courgette and green peppers. Boiled some rice, with a pinch of turmeric for the yellow factor. Made a simple side salad of tomato, red onion, and cucumber. Then plate the whole lot up together, drizzle your salad with some good olive oil, and cover the entire bunch in OREGANO. Go crazy! It is a simple, balanced plate of food, but mighty satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment